Here is the portrait ONE OF THE FAMILY by George Cotwell.
Consider the following:
|· What family members are in this picture? Look carefully!
· Who do you think the old lady is? Do you think she lives with them?
· What meal are they eating?
· What foods are they eating?
· What animals can you see in the picture?
· Is this a modern picture, or from long ago? How can you tell?
· What do you think the mother is giving to the horse?
· Would you like to be part of this family? Why? Why not?
If your family wants to do a recreation of this picture (or your own version of it) email it to email@example.com and we will put it up on the school website.