Last June we conducted a survey on oral language homework. The results were as follows:
- 85% of the teachers thought it was of value and we should continue it. 15% thought we should reduce it to once a month.
- Overall 87% of parents of junior pupils wanted oral language homework to continue. 60% of parents of senior pupils wanted it to continue.
- 88% of pupils wanted oral language homework to continue.
- Therefore we have decided this year to continue oral language homework for junior classes on a weekly basis (junior infants to 2nd) and for senior classes reduce it to once a month (3rd-6th).
- We will review this again later on in the year.