On Friday last we had a fabulous Fun Day at the school. Here’s some drone footage of the day.
There are a number of people we would sincerely like to thank:-
- Mrs. Dunne for opening up the school at 6am so that preparations could be done for arrival of all our pupils.
- Val and Corvenieos Entertainment for all their equipment
- Our 13 past pupils who joined us on the day to help out.
- Lorraine Fay for the fabulous treats she sent in for all the staff
- Salesi, Fernando and Ines for the barbeque and serving the food out to over 200 children (all voluntary)
- Ms. Brogan (3rd class teacher) and her mum (Patricia) and dad (Barry, Brogan’s Butchers in Swanlinbar) for providing all the burgers and hotdogs free of charge for the children.
- Sarah and Paul Smith (Smith’s Diner) for providing the chicken curry, rice and wedges for the staff (also free of charge)
- Greg Byrne for providing the ice-cream
- Catherine Mc Govern and the Community Centre for the use of their facilities for the magic show and candy floss
- All the staff of the school for supervising the children so well
- Bernie & AnnaMarie for the tea and coffee facilities, organising lunch and for all the tidying up afterwards
- All the parents for paying for this fabulous day for all our pupils. We are truly grateful.
Here are some photos of the day.