Link to Oral Language Homework document for September:
Listen to the song “A Cover is Not the Book”
|· What musical is this song from?
· Why do they say not to judge a book by its cover?
· Look at the cover of a familiar book. Does the picture accurately display what the book is about, or is there information missing?
View the artwork The Bookworm by Carl Spitzweg:
· How old do you think this man is?
· What type of a man is he? Look at his clothes.
· What type of books do you think he is reading?
· Where do you think this library is situated?
· What does the word “book worm”mean?
· Do you know anyone who is a book worm?